Killing it in Bklyn

On our first day in Brooklyn we decided to get the majority of the Manhattan excursions completed so we could spend the rest of the stay in the neighborhood.

So first thing in the morning after a truly filling breakfast of fruit and waffles we headed to the subway. A short ride and a missed stop later we were just past our first destination The Natural History Museum.

All the way round the museum you could hear everyone talking about seeing certain parts in The Night At The Museum. We also managed to fall prey to this and got incredibly excited when we saw the dum dum statue. After a few hours we began to tire so time for a Gatorade and hot dog recharge.

After this we headed to SoHo to check out a paper store Sian had read about on the internet. I wasn’t as excited about this store so I waited patiently in front of a fan cooling down while playing with my iPhone. Did I mention the HEAT IS A KILLER!!!!!

By this time we had sweated so much it was time to head back just to get a change of clothes! After a quick change it was time to grab a bite to eat on the way out the door we were stopped by the inn keeper. He mentioned he was having a few friends over to watch a Brazilian film and asked if we would like to join them. We thought this sounded great so after a wonderful meal at Peaches we headed back to the house.

Just round the side of the house Gregg had pinned up a white sheet and set up a projector. So we took our seats and experienced one of the most surreal movie experiences of my life. The film began in a windy desert which totally threw me as I could hear and feel the wind. Watching the film outdoors blended well with the entire film which coincidently was set outdoors so the real life sounds [and wind] merged with the film to make a truly memorably experience.

Today we headed to the Bronx zoo. Boy oh boy that place is enormous. Its the fist zoo I have been to in a long time where they seemed to have a huge population of animals I had never seen before. So it was a great experience. It was so hot though that the indoor tropical rain forest was actually a pleasant break from the heat.

I did manage to drink many snapples and even got stopped on the street so someone could compliment what I was wearing. Again the heat got the better of us and we headed back.

So now we are sat around cooling off waiting to head out for some chinese!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.